Thursday 4 August 2011

Reflective log

I've already known that journalistic work is tough: deadlines, lots of stories to write etc. But this work is very interesting as well: searching material for the stories, investigation, taking pictures, making videos. Another thing is working to deadline. You never know what can come up, so the schedule is sure always tough. The point is writing process shouldn't take a long time, otherwise it's not professional. 

There are also some more important things. First of all using technology makes work easier and more convenient. Then suitable design makes it look better and attracts more attention. But the wrong design can make the work worse or hilarious, so it'd be better to be careful here.

It's also very interesting how journalistic and advertising functions of blogs can be used. This is really something: you need to write about news and things, but there is no place for yourself, your opinion, you should be very objective not to damage the brand. The content of such blog can be very different. Usually it features pictures, videos, thematical stories and so on. 

I believe that this course was very useful for me. Even though I have a blog and used its tools (pictures, links), I discovered loads of new features, embedding videos for example. And for sure the main skill I've picked up is making videos by myself. It's not that hard as I thought.

As for studies for my future career, I was thinking of it for a long time and this course also helped me to find out some of my interests. After becoming an editor, I'm going to take  a graphic design course , probably I'll also take an advertising module, it's a good combination I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment